California Consumer Privacy Act Policy and Disclosures
I. Who and what information is subject to these CCPA Disclosures?California residents are protected as "consumers" by the CCPA with respect to personal information.
A number of statutory exceptions apply under the CCPA and to these CCPA Disclosures. If we rely on any statutory exceptions, we will notify you in our response to your inquiry.
II. How can a consumer with a disability access these CCPA Disclosures?Consumers who have a visual disability may be able to use a screen reader or other text-to-speech or text-to-Braille tool to review the contents of this notice.
III. CCPA Notice at Collection Online for Magna's Website (www.usaprimetime.com)In this CCPA Notice at Collection Online, we are addressing disclosure requirements under California Civil Code §1798.100(b) and California Attorney General Regulations §999.305 at or before the point of online collection with respect to our website www. magna.com (the "Website"). We collect the following categories of personal information about California residents and for the following business or commercial purposes:
- your IP address and the name of your internet service provider in order to prevent and detect attacks on the Website or attempts at other criminal offenses (e.g.: fraud);
- the browser and operating system;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the access status (e.g. whether you were able to access the Website or received an error message);
- the use of Website functions;
- the search terms you may have entered;
- the frequency with which you access individual websites;
- the designation of files accessed;
- the amount of data transferred;
- the website from which you accessed this Website; and
- other websites which you visit from this Website, either by clicking on links on this Website or by entering a domain directly in the input field of the same tab (or window) of your browser.
We use this information for the purpose of self-monitoring the Website, ensuring the integrity and security of personal information, as well as to guarantee the technical functionalities of the Website.
b. If you liaise with Magna through the offered contact options on the Website or other communication channels (e.g.: e-mail, mail, phone call or fax message), your data will be stored to process and answer your request. You may choose to provide us with certain personal information when you contact us to register for events, and request information about Magna services. The types of information that you may provide during your visit to the website may include: name, title, company information, email address, telephone and fax number, and address. You will know which personal information you have provided because you will have provided it yourself.c. If you submit any personal information applying for a job or internship, such as your name, email address, telephone numbers, addresses, and preferred communication language such personal information will be used by Magna for the purposes of recruitment and evaluations of qualifications for possible employment or internship possibilities. If selected for a position or internship, such personal information may also be used for onboarding activities.
IV. CCPA Notice at Collection Offline for California CustomersIn this CCPA Notice at Collection Offline California Customers, we are addressing disclosure requirements under California Civil Code §1798.100(b) and California Attorney General Regulations § 999.305 at or before the point of certain offline collection of information about our business partners and contacts. Typically, in the course of a business relationship, we collect the following categories of personal information about consumers who are business partners or contacts:
- Personal data such as title, name, customer /supplier reference number, contact details (telephone number, E-mail address);
- Order and contract details for the fulfilment of our contractual obligation (turnover and invoice data), banking details and payment terms;
- Authentication data such as ID data and tax details; if necessary, data concerning the beneficial owner; order number, invoice number and delivery number;
- Data in relation to business transactions such as order details, delivery quantity, sales figures and complaints;
- Credit rating data (such as credit score) in order to determine your creditworthiness;
- Publicly available business data such as business entity and registration details, business purposes, industrial sector, and ownership structure;
- Data in relation to legal and regulatory compliance and audit requirements;
- Documentation such as project records, conversation and consultation protocols; and
- Advertising and sales data including data from customer loyalty programs and statements from customer surveys.
We process these categories of data for the following purposes:
- Initiation and handling of a business relationship;
- Replying to requests, tenders, and notifications;
- Complaint management and handling of complaints;
- Fulfillment and invoicing of contractual obligations;
- Verification of the accuracy of the data processed by Magna;
- Contractual performance via costumer and supplier portals;
- Conduct of compliance audits and investigations;
- Fulfillment of legal obligations;
- Operation, administration, analysis and refinements of our websites;
- Providing Magna services such as supplier and costumer portals;
- Direct marketing, including the provision of product information, the mailing of newsletters and event invitations and the organization of events; and
- Performing voluntary customer surveys and sweepstakes.
1. Rights to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold, or to Request Deletion
- For “right to know” requests, include “California Request to Know” in the subject line. Please specify in your request the details you would like to know, including any specific pieces of personal information you would like to access.
- For “deletion requests”, include “California Request to Delete” in the subject line. Please specify in your request the personal information about you that you would like to have deleted, which can be all your personal information as required by the CCPA.
We will ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity, such as a code sent to an email address we may have on file for you. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with the CCPA. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
2. Our Personal Information Handling Practices in 2019
We have set out below categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months and, for each category of personal information listed, the categories of sources from which that information was collected, the business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information.
|Category of personal information||We collected certain types of personal information within this category to use for the following business or commercial purposes:|
We collected such personal information from the following categories of sources:
|If necessary, we shared such personal information with the following categories of third parties:|
Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
For the purpose of self-monitoring the Website, ensuring the integrity and security of personal information, as well as to guarantee the technical functionalities of the Website.
To process and answer your requests.
Initiation and handling of a business relationship.
Replying to requests, tenders, and notifications.
Complaint management and handling of complaints.
Fulfillment and invoicing of contractual obligations.
Verification of the accuracy of the data processed by Magna.
Contractual performance via costumer and supplier portals.
Conduct of compliance audits and investigations.
Fulfillment of legal obligations.
Operation, administration, analysis and refinements of our websites.
Providing Magna services such as supplier and costumer portals.
Direct marketing, including the provision of product information, the mailing of newsletters and event invitations and the organization of events.
Performing voluntary customer surveys and sweepstakes.
Directly from the California resident.
In a B2B context, from the business that employs the California resident.
Magna International Inc. and its affiliates;
External service providers and partners such as IT service providers, financial service providers,
Insurance companies, business and legal consultants;
Public authorities such as tax authorities, regulatory authorities, security authorities or courtsPotential buyers and interested parties (in the case of supplier data)
|Any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80: “Personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. “Personal information” does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records."|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.|
|Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.|
|Professional or employment-related information.|
3. Disclosures of Personal Information, No Sale
Over the preceding 12 months, we disclosed certain categories of California residents’ personal information to the categories of third parties as shown in the table above.
We do not and will not sell California residents’ personal information. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
4. Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by a business. We do not, and will not, sell your personal information.
5. Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer's Privacy Rights
You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA in violation of Cal. Civ. Code §1798.125.
6. Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described in Sections 2 and 3 above:
- Mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to Magna International Inc., 337 Magna Drive, Aurora, Ontario, Canada, L4G 7K1; and
- Provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
7. Contact for More Information
Postal address: Magna International Inc., 337 Magna Drive, Aurora, Ontario, Canada, L4G 7K1
Last Updated: December 19, 2019